I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Friday and Saturday (day 2 & 3)

Good morning!

I had wireless keyboard issues on Saturday and couldn't fix it until now, so here I am and no, it wasn't the batteries! :P

On Friday I was magically well. I woke up and started this blog and for the entire day I was fine with the exception of a mild headache and dry mouth. I was able to eat solid foods and drink my fluids. What a complete change from the night before! I kept thanking the Higher Being for saving me from having a day like Thursday.

Saturday, I woke up at 8:30am. My brother, Jun, warmed up some leftover food from the night before and the smell of it was just awful to me. I decided to lie down in my room to avoid the nausea feeling. I was extremely weak. I woke up every now and then just couldn't get up. I kept thinking to myself, "Are my white blood cells down today, is this what it feels like, how can I find strength to get up, am I going to be in bed ALL day??? I HAVE to get up, I have to GET UP!!" And finally at 4:30pm, I sat up and was able to get out of bed. UNBELIEVABLE! I forced down some food and tried to catch up on the 8-10 glasses of fluid I should have been drinking that day instead of being in bed and that alone gave me some strength.

I decided to attend my friend's housewarming/b'day party that night with my bro. I would be surrounded by my closest friends that I consider family, so I knew I would be in good hands. I didn't want to miss it, but I didn't know how long I would last either. Thing is, when your in my shoes and you have a choice of a.) Feeling like a cancer patient alone at home or b.) Being with friends, taking pictures and forgetting that there's this crazy thing you have to go through called, "chemo"...it's an easy decision! My friends were great! I didn't get laughed at about my boy-cut and my friends made sure I was comfortable and that my glass of water was always filled!

It's Sunday morning and I'm okay. The dry mouth is mild and there are no signs of nausea...yet! My oncologist prescribed these wonderful nausea pills, but for only 3 days, so I'm out since today is day 4. If the nausea kicks in, then I have other pills to take, but they knock me out. :( I'll just cross my fingers that the nausea is gone for now and not coming back until cycle #2! Mind over matter, mind - over - matter!

Take care for now!

P.S. Lisa: I hope all the hard work you put into your wedding paid off and that you had the wedding of your dreams! I wish I could've been there, but I didn't have enough strength to party it up with you there. Happy Honeymooning in Hawaii and I'll talk to you soon. MUAH!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello beautiful, strong jenny...
thank you for sharing and keeping us posted. Remember you are NOT and Never will be alone, I'd like to share with you an observation I read and embrace everyday and hope it can help you too,
"Good morning,
This is God.
I will be handling
All of your
Problems today.
I will not need
Your help, so have
A miraculous day." Adrianaxoxo(chiquita's sister)

September 17, 2006 9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
:( sorry to hear about the nausea and dry mouth...I know it sucks! But, congrats you finished one session already....one day at a time and soon it will be over with.

Chemo's a breeze, it's the getting up that's the struggle...so right on for having a great attitude about it!

The idea of your blog is great and thanks for sharing , I hope it creates awareness.

Take care.
Cecile

September 18, 2006 5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home