I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hair loss?

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy, but I just ran my fingers through the back of my head and six hairs came out. :( I used to shed alot with my long hair, but didn't think it would be the same with my new short do. OH MY! This is crazy...I now know what it feels like to skip a heartbeat! sniff, sniff...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Soul sister,

Jen, you have no idea how proud I am of you! This journey has brought out your inner strength, determination and incredible courage to face all fears that lay ahead. Behind that long hair of yours, you were hiding confidence, femininity, creativity and will. Since your new look, you have been shining even brighter, like a full moon in a clear night!! YOU GO GIRL! You are a very beautiful person inside and out. I hope you can see that too.
You’ve come a long way, and still have awhile to go. I know you’ll get through it, and I’ll be right here next to you. You're doing awesome, keep it up!

Love you!
Heidi

September 21, 2006 12:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Babes,

Ok, so I have got to say it "LOVE THE HAIR!" Heidi is right I hope you see that beautiful person in the morror that we see when we look at you. I am so proud of you for standing tall & strong.

Love ya'
Shelly M

September 26, 2006 9:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home