Day Before Chemo #2
I know some of you check everyday for an update, so here I am. I'm still having good days. My cold is gone and I feel good. I'm shedding more and more each day and my hair is no longer "POOFY" as I once referred to it as. It's getting thin, but thank God I have tons of hair because you can barely tell that I'm balding. The hair near my temples are very thin now and you can now see through it. Christina must have jinxed me! :P
I've been working the past couple days from home just to exercise my brain and to be somewhat productive. I've read all I can read about breast cancer, chemotherapy, radiation and nutrition that I need to do other things with my time now.
Tomorrow I'm scheduled for chemo cycle #2. They will check my blood again and will postpone it if my white blood cell count remains low (Neutrophils under 1.5....I was at 0.45 prior to the shot). I'm almost certain the shot they gave me last week did its job though and has been the reason why I've recovered from that cold. Tomorrow my stepmother has volunteered to be my chemo buddy.
So today I'm going to enjoy the day, just because I can. If tomorrow's chemo is going to be the same as my first cycle then tomorrow I plan to very nauseated.
I'll keep the blog up-to-date if I can. It's raining out today, but to me it's a sunny day! ;)


6 Comments:
Hi Jenny!
We are with you in thought & prayer every step of the way.
Since we can't be with you in person, feel free to close your eyes and visualize us holding your hand.
Thanks for the updates.
Love,
Claire
October 04, 2006 9:28 PM
Hey Jenny - dang girl, I can only imagine how challenging each day is - you possess courage that I can only hope I have a small percentage of.
Rest assured your battles are not only being fought for yourself. Your upfront and raw blogs help to make this more real for me. To help me better understand cancer and inspire me to be more aware for myself, ppl close to me and to contribute in as many ways as possible to help find a cure.
and also! You probably know this already but, you are not fighting it by yourself. Example? Jesse rounded up a bunch of his buds and did the CIBC run for the cure and guess who's name was on the back of their shirts? Yours!
Keep the updates coming. When you write about the shit days they remind me of all of the other things we need to be grateful for. The good days inspire me.
Love ya and hope to see you one day soon.
Nik
PS. friggin cool photos!!!
October 05, 2006 1:11 PM
Hey Jenny - dang girl, I can only imagine how challenging each day is - you possess courage that I can only hope I have a small percentage of.
Rest assured your battles are not only being fought for yourself. Your upfront and raw blogs help to make this more real for me. To help me better understand cancer and inspire me to be more aware for myself, ppl close to me and to contribute in as many ways as possible to help find a cure.
and also! You probably know this already but, you are not fighting it by yourself. Example? Jesse rounded up a bunch of his buds and did the CIBC run for the cure and guess who's name was on the back of their shirts? Yours!
Keep the updates coming. When you write about the shit days they remind me of all of the other things we need to be grateful for. The good days inspire me.
Love ya and hope to see you one day soon.
Nik
PS. friggin cool photos!!!
October 05, 2006 1:12 PM
Hey Jen,
It was good to see you here yesterday. I wasn't planning on dropping by but something told me to go to the 7th floor, and there you were. It's amazing to see how you are an encouragement, a source of hope and strength to us who don't even know what it's like. But you make it look easy... how do you do that? I hope everybody can see your blog and life and be blessed knowing you. I know I am!
Row
October 05, 2006 2:49 PM
Hi Gigi,
I just talked to you on the phone and you sounded great!
I hope you will feel better for the upcoming days ahead.
Take Care!
I love you!
Kristyn
October 05, 2006 5:11 PM
Hi Babes,
I just wanted to tell you that I am really proud of you. You are a true diamond! I am thinking of you every day and sepecially today on Chemo day #2. I cannot even imagine what your head and heart are telling you, just the fact that you are contuning to share honestly with us is truly extraordnary. You are my hero! My prayers are with you I love you.
Shelly M
October 06, 2006 12:36 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home