I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lesson: Appreciate

I've been reflecting.
That's where I've been.
After having my computer crash on me it was...no, it happened for a reason.
I got disconnected.
So I took time to reflect on Life.
Not on the unfortunateness of cancer
What I saw and am seeing are the tiny gifts we get each day, but are too busy to notice.
Too occupied with the not enough's, why not's and why me's
I realized how much I have been disconnected.
Not just from the internet, but from Living and truly seeing the Beauty of Life.
There is NO such thing as coincidence.
This happened for a reason.
It allowed me to Reflect and Remember.
On my Family
My relationships with each of them and how they are each reaching out
My friends and the Gift of Friendship.
How "Moments" are all that we really cherish at the end of the day and how hungry I am to create new ones.
Regretting ever being lazy
Time wasted and time cherished
The meaning of "Bliss"
God
My situation and seeing now why all this is happening to me and those around me.
Dreams
and how I didn't dream enough growing up
I can't articulate exactly what's stirring in me, but it's something grand and beautiful.
My eyes are re-opening and I'm taking a new yet familiar breath.
My perspective is evolving in so many ways and so very fast.
I am appreciating Life. Again.
I'm in love again with the "small" stuff.
I haven't felt my soul like this in a very long time.
I like it
I love it
I miss it
That's where I am
I'm reflecting
On my Blessing in Disguise
...And I'm ironically thankful that this is all happening to me.

I AM LOVED AND I LOVE BACK!
THE GIFT OF LIFE: DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED. LIVE IT. LIVE...IT!


"LiVe LiFe aS aN eXcLaMatIoN, nOt aN eXpLaNaTioN!"

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man you are deep... I think we all need to turn off the TV, cell phone and computer and reflect what is important in life...

Dan

October 17, 2006 9:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right. There are no coincidences in this life. Dead end questions are a waste of energy. Let go and let GOD. This is what you've exemplified to all of us. Faith, no matter how deep or shallow it may be, can move mountains. I thank God for you. God sees you as the light of the world and the salt of the earth.

Val

October 17, 2006 10:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so deep Jenny. You put your thoughts into words so much better that I ever could. And here I was complaining that you went a few days without blogging...:D

Nicole

October 17, 2006 3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

WOW!! As I read your words I realize how true they ring as I mop up the tears. There are no coincidences every thing happens for reasons - we may not realize what the message is at the moment but it comes. I am so glad that you were able to get disconnected in order to connect. You are teaching me ….us so much. I am in awe and have so much respect for you. I think that we all need to take time to STOP and look at our lives and make sure that we are living it. I want to say thanks, thanks for so much, thanks for being honest, thanks for sharing your journey, thanks for being you.

Love Shel

October 17, 2006 7:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So PROUD to say..."she's my sister."

October 17, 2006 8:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny,

I was extremely moved... at one point I was wondering if I was reading a quote of some great poet... and I realized it was your own words! Well said.

JJ

October 18, 2006 3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creating a moment... I love it! I hear ya. I feel ya! Happy to create a "moment" with you at Sushi Train! (not sure I liked the scallop thing but it was a fun moment indeed!) Keep inspiring through writing Jenny. Just like you said, it's a blessing in disguise. You're blossoming into a beautiful wild flower. You have no idea how proud of I am of you.

*

October 23, 2006 5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ninang,

thanks for teaching my to be happy with the little things in life. And yes, this is deep. And it is the right time to reflect on life and what it has given & done for you. Thank you for teaching me the most important things in life. Its something i'll never forget. And if i ever have kids and they need help with the situations that im going through as i grow up (oh lord...i am jenny's neice!)i know who to go to, YOU! You have introduced to me to sooo many (YAY! i put MANY not MUCH! =D) things in life that later on...i love. Like Dim Sum. =P Haha. You are my teacher,unofficial mother and my BUDDAH in life. This is crazy. It still suprises me that YOU were diagnosed with breast cancer. I always think "HER. Jenny got it the 'thing' nobody wants to get." And also, my dad always tells him when i break into tears everytime the 'sting' comes, "maybe God did this for a reason. For a good reason. Like life's not all about going to parties and smoking & drinking. Maybe He did this beacause he wanted everybody in Ninang's life to learn a lesson." And you know what? I agree with him. Look at all of us now, we're not going out that much, you quit smoking & you dont drink that much. We've all learned a lesson, from God & from YOU...and God & you are very right. Appreciate what you have in life. Reflect once in awhile.
Man, this is tough. Trying to put what i feel in words. It's easier when you think of it. But when you really wanna explain it well so other people will understand what you're trying to say...its a tough job. But you know what? You did it. Look at all these blog's you've written, of course you thought of what you wanted to write and trying to put it in words, you are so amazing at it. You are amazing at so many things. It incredible. YOU ARE MY IDOL. During this journey, you have taught me to be tough when things get bad, stay strong, keep you head up and alot more. But now..i have i new one to add it the club:

LESSON: APPRECIATE

Sorry for writing such a long comment. But i tried to put what i had in mind in words for you.

ILY: <3Jade (aka: Lil Zuni)

November 01, 2006 5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home