I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I can walk!!!

Yesterday afternoon I decided to test the new strength in my legs. I walked to the St. Lawrence Market. I know this isn't far, but just walking a few steps would tire me out, so this was my small test. Guess what? I DID IT!! I walked to the market, around the market and back home with no pain! It felt like decades ago since I've been out on the downtown streets enjoying the day....and what a beautiful day it was yesterday! The sun was shining happily on me! :)

My legs can walk and I'm so relieved! I still get very stiff every now and then, but who cares, I can walk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home