I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Update: My Oncologist

I've been getting alot of questions about my oncologist. Funny enough, I wrote about my discontent with her on this blog and sure enough she's been great since. The need for me to change is gone, for now at least. I have to give it to her, she knows her stuff. And as of late, she's been emotionally comforting. What a weight off my shoulders!

As for my ankles I forgot to ask yesterday. You know just when I think the chemo brain is gone DORY comes back in full effect. AND to top that off, I had a bone scan last Friday and I completely forgot to follow up on the results! I left a message yesterday to talk to my oncologist and am just waiting for her call back.

Posted by Picasa

Have a good weekend everyone and thanks again for being with me on this journey. Your comments really comfort me and help me back up when I'm down. You guys ROCK!

MUAH!

Dory

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your journey. :D

Hope you have a good weekend!

February 02, 2007 3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

Well like I said it was like you put it out there to the universe and your question was answered. I am gald to hear that you are feeling more comfortable with your Doc. Don't ignore those signals no matter how silly it may seem - put it out there, talk about it you just never know!
As for the DORY moment! I for one have DORY HOURS all the time LOL and I think DORY is cool!

Love ya'

Shelly

February 02, 2007 10:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home