I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Never easy

Seeing that I just had my last chemo cycle, of course it couldn't just pass and let me go on my way. Last night I was running a fever and although I should have brought myself to the hospital, I didn't. I didn't want to wait, I didn't want to get ready and I was too weak. I woke up almost every three hours checking my temperature because if it got worse then I wouldn't be so stubborn. At 4:30am I was up at 102F and thought I should just call a cab and get his over with, but like I said I was too weak.

It's 2:10pm and I'm finally out of bed. I've been sleeping forever, but my temperature has gone down, thankfully.

I'm so dehydrated....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, its never easy. This is just life's way of throwing a speed ball by ya! But with your perseverence and determination, I know you can do it.

January 11, 2007 9:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

I am sorry to hear that you have had to fight extra hard with this cycle. I am glad that you are beginning to feel better though. Drink lots of fluids if you can (easier said than done I know) Ensure (vanilla) has been helping me for 2007 as I have been fighting a bad case of pneumonia *yuck*. Keep fighting as I know you will, but hey! Remember don’t be toooo stubborn if the fever goes back up go to the doc’s.
I continue to pray for you and I think of you often.

Love ya’
Shelly M

January 12, 2007 12:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jenn, i'm glad the fever is down. try drinking gatorade or powerade to replenish any minerals that your body has lost. it might help give you a boost of energy.

we're almost there Jenn........don't falter now....

val

January 12, 2007 9:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

luv ya kid.

Ted

January 12, 2007 2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home