I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Tomorrow, Cycle # 6 - The last one!

Tomorrow marks what I hope to be my last chemo cycle. I say "hope" because I don't EVER want to go through this again. Almost everyone that knows that tomorrow is my last cycle is calling for a celebration, however, I can't exactly celebrate. Tomorrow is another kick in the you know what. It's another round of unbearable pains, another few hairs off the brows and lashes and a white tongue with sores all over and around . BUT, trust me, after all that is done and over with, a CELEBRATION it is!!! Unfortunately, I can't see that far right now because I have a long two weeks ahead of me.

To end things off poetically, my chemo buddy tomorrow will my mother. The person I've grown closer to since being diagnosed. In a way I wish I had more chemo sessions, less the pain of course, just so I can have every one have a chance to be a chemo buddy. It's such a great day!!!

So you the regular's should know the drill....you may not hear from me until next week, but I will eventually report on the horror of this last cycle.

Until then, hugs and kisses to everyone. Tomorrow I'm going to walk through that door and hopefully never go back (except for my shot of course because I'm too chicken to do it myself ;) ). Later on this month or early February I will walk through a door labelled, "RADIATION" and I AM truly that much closer to having my life back. I can't wait. Today I passed by my work and there's been so many changes and new faces, but the familiar faces I really miss. I can't wait to be back. My only fear is that I might come back as DORY UY and not JENNY UY! hahaha!

Posted by Picasa


Take care everyone, I'll chat with you soon!
Jen

3 Comments:

Blogger AH said...

Jenny,

I've been following your journey since you released your blog but have been hesitant to get in touch as I know you've been going through some very tough times and I wanted you to focus on *you*.

However, given what you've been through the last several months, I just wanted you to know that you're very often in my thoughts and always in my prayers. I've always told you that you're the strongest person I know and that remains true to this day.

I admire your strength and courage and have no doubt you will persevere and get through all of this. One day at a time, my friend. Until then, know that I am thinking of you and hoping we can one day soon, get together and catch up in person, when you're up for it...

Much love,
Aimee

January 03, 2007 10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Jenny !! Last One !! I wish I could have been your chemo buddy for a day. Could you imagine how much fun we would of had ? Man I would have made you laugh every second, or at least try to make you laugh. I would have walked around in my lab coat and stethoscope pretending to be a doctor. Then I would have gone to the recovery room and as patients were coming out of anaesthesia say to them something like "Well the surgery went well Mr. Smith, you are now officially a woman" Or I would have called down to the switchboard and put in an urgent page for Dr. Malaki Soo Soo. And wait until they announce it throughout the whole hospital ... "Paging Dr. Malaki Soo Soo , Paging Dr. Malaki Soo Soo ! Dr. Bayag Mo needs you in O.R. 1 " HA HA HA HA !!! Oh I'm dying over here. Anyway get this last session over with and we'll party. Luv ya kid.

Ted

January 04, 2007 7:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waah I missed you when you came by at work. Well at least I know mine is one of those familiar faces you miss! I miss your face too! We can do Dory Pearl Uy. That's a lot better than receiving the one with JPEARL on the print cover sheet, isn't it? I hope (and actually prayed) that everything goes well with you today, especially that you're going solo. My thoughts are with you today Jen, as you have that last chemo.

Row

January 04, 2007 12:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home