I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

YAAAY PHOTOS!!

I have the pictures from my friend, Caroline's camera from my last chemo cycle (#4). ENJOY!

My nurse, Marlene, setting up to access my port. For those of you that haven't seen my head, well here it is...VILLENUEVA BABY! I still have my eyebrows, but they are beginning to thin slowly. Hopefully it can hang on just one more month when I'm done chemo and start radiation:



This is Taxotere. It's one bottle covered in a brown bag as it is sensitive to light. Not much compared to FEC100 which was three sringes and two bottles, but it's just as strong:

Posted by Picasa

A closer look.
And oh yeah, in case you're wondering where "Pearl" went, it's not on my health card..."Ponciano" is, that's my mama's maiden name. See how many things you learn about me on my blog?!:

Posted by Picasa

From left to right: Marlene, Caroline and Heidi (Care was teaching Heidi how to knit. Can you see her holding the needle?):



I think she's got it!! (Knitting is HUGE at the hospital. I better learn, so I can fit in! LOL!)



A donated wig I put on for fun. No wonder nobody has taken it...it's quite unflattering as you can see:



We went to my new favorite lunch spot after, SUSHI TRAIN! "CHOO-CHOO":

Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie,

You look great with no hair !! Seriously ! I thought it would of been sort of a shock but it's not. Can I touch it ? Anyway I swear you look great. Remember Damon Stoudamire when he shaved his head ? Not good at all. And when Scottie Pippen shaved his head ? Again not good at all. Oh and you should ask Santa for a digital camera so that we don't have to wait so long for you to develop your film next time ;)

luv ya kid

Ted

December 04, 2006 10:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn! You look great! Your head is perfectly round. You actually look so cute with the wig! Like a brown Shirley Temple! HAHAHA

Anyway, be stong!

Love, VAL

December 04, 2006 10:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny! you still ended up with a curly hair! I think you're cute with the curly hair... Thanks for the pictures :)

Row

December 04, 2006 3:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen

Wow, you look awesome.

December 04, 2006 11:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted is crazy.....
Jenny, you look great and I just want to tell you that I think you are so amazing!

Vanessa

December 05, 2006 3:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

WOW you look great - the curly wig is cute....mabe you should give it a second thought. LOL
Well as for knitting maybe you can teach me when you have it down pat and I can show you how to crochet (now there's a trade off).
Glad to hear things are going well.

Forever praying for you.
Love ya'
Shelly

December 05, 2006 6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, it's been quite a while. Here is my scoop on wig vs shaved. I say scrap the wig all together, go with the shaved look just like Demi Moore in G.I Jane. Bald is beautiful.

I'll check in soon.
Manny Augusto

December 06, 2006 10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! I had a great time with you and Caroline at your chemo session. I'll admit, I didn't know what to expect. But when I got there, the first thing I noticed was how comfortable you were at the hospital. I felt like I entered your domain. You knew where they keep their beverages, where all the hand sanitizers were located, you knew the regular patiences and most of the staff. You even knew which washrooms to use and don't use! Throughout my experience, what I really enjoyed most was watching you joke around with the hospital staff, asking questions about taxotere, and most importantly, seeing your positive spirit and big bright smile as you sit there feeling like you're going to throw up! You're one tough kid. Keep your chin up 'cuz you're almost at the finish line! I'm really, really proud of you and the person you've become. Thanks sharing that "moment" with me. Love ya.

Heidi

December 06, 2006 11:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! First of all just want to say you look great. Love your new do. :) Anyway, thanks for sharing your blog with me, I enjoyed reading it. You are just amazing. Please know I'll be praying for you always and for your speedy recovery.

I love your pictures too. I had no idea you got yourself into Photography, that is really great. Hmm maybe next year you can shoot my wedding. What do you think?

Well, take care of yourself and hang in there ok.

Luv Ya,

Pam

December 07, 2006 10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home