I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy Friday!

Hi everyone,

I can hear your bubble thoughts loud and clear: "Finally, Jenny updated her blog!" I'm sorry for not keeping this up-to-date as I normally do. I've been out and about spending time with my mother who just recently bought a house. I'm trying to spend some quality time with her and am helping her make some decisions regarding the renovations that are under way. I also just found out that my mom has to have both of her eyes operated on soon, which is unfortunate.

The only thing I've learned being on Taxotere is that I don't like it AT ALL. I'm actually dreading my next cycle on December 12th because the pains seem to take forever to go away. The second thing I've learned or rather that this has confirmed is that when I'm not feeling pain, I should not waste a day doing nothing. I try to make the best of the day because I know just around the corner is another cycle that will debilitate me. I have an even more intense appreciation for just feeling normal. It's a great thing!!! ;) I've also spent alot of time recently exercising my brain and the chemo brain isn't that severe any more. YIPPEE! I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I'm going back to spend some time with my mom now.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

MUAH!
Jen

P.S. I know I still have to post pictures of the day I shaved my head and my last chemo cycle. I haven't forgotten, I just have to finish the film from the day I shaved my head and also get the pictures from my friend's camera. It will come, I promise!

Here's one to hold you down for now. This is an older picture since you can see that I have hair in this one, but it's one to put a big ol' smile on your face:

  Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FILM ??? Who the heck still uses film ? Hey Jenny can I borrow your 8 track player mines broken. Oh and can I come over and borrow your typewriter ? My ribbon is running out. After I'm done with your typewriter can I play some games on your Atari 2600 ? I love combat !! LOL !!! Oh I kill myself sometimes :0) Luv ya Kid.

luv Ted

yeah yeah yeah I know you use film because you're a "real" photographer. Just playin with you girl !!

December 01, 2006 9:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it's over for now. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

December 01, 2006 9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's raining hard today, make sure you keep your head and back warm and safe from the wind.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Val

December 01, 2006 9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

: ) that's a precious picture of you. Was that from a digital camera or film? ; )

Have a good weekend spending time with your Mom and keeping busy with her new house.

Row

p.s. and you can read minds too with the chemobrain? How did you know we're waiting for your new post?

December 01, 2006 12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that pic!

December 01, 2006 3:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

So gald to hear that you are doing well. I agree with Ted - I need to borrow your A-track to listen ABBA while playing a game of PONG on the Atari!! LOL
Glad to hear that you are spending time with your Mom and getting up and out when you can. I think that we all need to do that more and grab all the moments we can. We spend too much time doing nothing and letting all those possibilities go by.
Thanks for reminding me to get up and "DO"

Love ya'
Shelly

December 01, 2006 7:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home