The Gift of Inspiration
The gift of Inspiration!
I shared the Weekend to End Breast Cancer video with a group of ladies I met at a cancer forum a while back. I joined this forum 3.5 months ago when I was diagnosed and researching the disease. We walk and sometimes crawl together in this crazy journey of ours. We are known as the "September ladies"...I know, it's not that creative of a name, but we all started chemotherapy together. We share tricks, we carry each other and lean on each other. It's great! It's a kind of friendship that I would never think possible online.
Now I haven't been as active in this forum lately, but I logged in to share this video and my blog. My intention in sharing this was to "Pay it Forward". You've all been so great to me (everyone at work, my family and friends) and being there that day at the finish line was an emotional one. Many of you donated towards the cause and all of you have been cheering me on. Being at the finish line made me see beyond my personal friends and family. I saw thousands of people walking, hoping, supporting and doing what they can to find a cure. It made me feel...not alone.
This journey has been quite the ride, but it is what it is. I take the good and chuck the bad. I needed to share the feeling of that day at the finish line with my September Ladies. I knew it would help lift some of their spirits, as it did me. But what I'm getting is a gift from God. I am Inspiring them, giving them strength to go on and it's lifting me high up in the clouds. It reconfirms that this IS happening to me for a reason. It confirms that I have to keep sharing my journey with others. I can't explain how good it feels to help my fellow sister who's going through the same thing I am. There are just NO words! It's funny how we never know how we impact others, isn't it?
Without your support, yes you and especially CI, there would be no video for me to share and the ladies below would be at home feeling down and weak. Without Cecile, my friend's sister who dedicated her 60km walk to me, I would have not been there to take pictures and I too would have been home feeling sorry for myself. Without the great people I work with, there wouldn't have been such a generous donation on my behalf and ultimately the funds to help find a cure. Without you inspiring me, I wouldn't have been able to inspire. So, "Thank you!"
Below are some of the comments left from them...I just posted the video and got these in the first hour. If there are more that come in, I'll post them.:
AS I SEE IT WE HAVE TWO CHOICES. WE CAN PUT OUR HEADS UNDER THE PILLOW AND GO "POOR ME" OR WE CAN GO ON WITH OUR LIFES. I KNOW WHICH ONE I CHOOSE.HUGS ANGELA
Zuni--I was feeling so alone yesterday and today. Thank you for changing that. ----We are all in God's caring hands. Brenda
Zuni -That was absolutely beautiful! Just awesome!!!! Brought tears to my eyes as well. Thanks so much for sharing!! Raye
Zuni,That was great! Thanks for sharing with us.Joyce
Thanks Zuni, that was just what we needed!!! We are not alone. And anything worth doing CAN be done!!!Hugs,Cheryl
Zuni!!! I LOVE it!!!!! Brought tears to my eyes, but made me want to go on fighting.Angela, I'm gonna pull my head out from under my pillow now!!! I have a rotten cold, but at least I'm alive to have a cold!!!! I WILL stop feeling sorry for myself!!!!
The Gift of Inspiration....is there anything better???


1 Comments:
After reading your blog, I am learning more and more from my own daughter's words of wisdom.
Lenie & I were talking about our mini trip three weeks ago and for us to see your precious smile and to hear your laughter it brings us joy to our hearts.
I'm so glad that we had our wonderful time together and we must do it more often.
Again, thank you for coming with us. A trip I will cherish forever.
Love.
Dad
November 12, 2006 8:41 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home