At Peace
I've been doing well. Physically I'm fine and am doing much better than the first cycle with the dry mouth and appetite. The shot of Neulasta has really helped. I'm getting used to the shaved head and actually don't feel any ways about showing it to people. Thank God my head is round! Some friends say I should keep it. I don't know about THAT, but I am beginning to like it. Getting ready is a breeze and I'm saving so much on shampoo and conditioner! haha! I have yet to develop the film in my camera to show you the day I shaved it, but I promise to post them once I get it.
October 26th is my third and final round of FEC 100 (the aggressive chemo). After that I have three more cycles of regular chemo and then radiation. My father has volunteered to come with me to my next round. I'm actually very happy that he's accompanying me because I didn't know if he would have. Don't get me wrong, my father wants to be there, but hospitals just creep him out. Plus, I can only imagine how hard it must be for a parent to have to watch their child go through this. I can't wait to spend the day with my dad. There's a special bonding moment (did I say "moment"...Ah man, I love it!) that happens at my chemo cycles. I can't put into words, but it's as if there's some unspoken truth/love/appreciation that is conveyed between the other person and I. If I elaborate it will just limit the beauty of it, so I'll just leave it at that.
Other than that, I'm still floating on my cloud. Life is good in its funny little way. I re-read my "deep" post (Lesson: Appreciate) that many of you referred to it as and things haven't changed much, if anything it's intensifying. I'm actively creating the new moments I hungered for, I'm looking at life a little further back these days and am appreciating the bigger picture. It's a really nice view! :D It puts so many things into perspective for me. Sometimes we look too closely at things in life that we lose the bigger picture. We forget that there's a purpose. I'm so glad I'm in this head space. I know that I could be curled up at home depressed and filled with fear, but I'm not and I'm thankful.
Do me a favour since all of you are with me on my journey: Live - for - "A" - MOMENT. It's all we got!


5 Comments:
hey Jen:
Thanks for reminding us to appreciate the moments we create with our friends and family. It's so refreshing to read your posts. Truly coming from the heart.
thank God, its' one more aggressive cycle to go. you're half way there.
val
October 20, 2006 10:21 AM
Hi Babes,
One more to go whoho!!! Almost there and I am so proud of you. I hope you have a wonderful"moment" with yur Dad, I am gald he will be there with you. Thanks for putting things in perspecive for us all & keeping us on our toes.
Love you
Shelly
October 21, 2006 6:45 PM
Hi Jen! what a great way to look at life and the hardships it brings. It's not just all talks for you, you walk the talk!
Row
October 24, 2006 9:28 AM
Hi Jenn:
Hope everything is well. I haven't seen any new posts. You're in my prayers all the time.
Val
October 24, 2006 10:20 AM
ninang,
if i was old enough..i would love to go to one of your chemo sessions but too bad that im young and that i have school. but lucky am i that im young...if this happened to me, OH BOY would i be a wreck, but since the start, you've been SOOOO strong. It's incredible how you have inspired me. Since the day i started the "nursing henny while she recovers from surgery" job, i have seen you when you've been at your best and not so good. And you know what? Im so happy that i spent all that time with you because you've shown me soo much. We also bonded so much. It brought our bond even more closer. If this ever happens to me (knock on wood!) i know who to come to...YOU! Ninang, thank-you for sharing this journey with me. Now i know what all these big health words,drugs & stuff are! =)You have shown soo much inspirition for me. Since i've started writing you those little letters, it's been hard to put it in words, but i guess Halloween (today) was the good day to just say all of this to you. =)
ILY<3
from your 'unofficial daughter',
Jade (aka: Lil`Zuni)
October 31, 2006 4:49 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home