I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Bummed!

So I threw up all night last night. It was awful. At one point there was nothing left in my stomach so the little bit of water that I was drinking was coming out with a ton of gagging and twisting of my insides. Nothing stayed in my stomach longer than 10 minutes. I was getting worried about the water not staying down because I know how important it is to get rid of the chemo in my bladder. This is definitely 'thee' worst bout of nausea I've had. I found myself moaning and moaning in pain just simply lying down and the thought of the movie, "Dying Young" came back to mind. I even contemplated sleeping in the bathroom last night because I was getting up so often. I ended up taking a Gravol and that put me to bed for the rest of the night.

I'm also VERY bummed out because yesterday I talked to my oncologist who lied to me for whatever reason about my chemo. It turns out that Taxotere isn't any less aggressive. I was prescribed steroids since I started chemo and I have not taken it due to the horror stories I hear about the side effects...blowing up being one of them. She told me that I HAVE TO take to steroids now that I'm going to be on Taxotere. I don't have a choice. If I don't take it I might have an allergic reaction. I also heard that during the administration of it that ice packs will be applied to my wrists to help ease the pain in my hands. I thought, "What??". And that's when she told me, "Jenny, this is a very aggressive drug." and I said, "But you told me that the last three are not as aggressive?" and she said, "No, it's aggressive, but don't worry you're almost done and we'll celebrate soon." I can't even think about celebrating, I feel lied to and bummed out. I thought I had the worst part over with. She said it's less nausea, but more aches and pains. So basically same sh!t, different pile. I feel as though the finish line is sooo far away now. All that joy about being half way has been flushed down the toilet.

My mouth has that nasty taste again and I'm weak. Last night I was cold and shivering like Campbell Scott in that damn movie. What a crappy day (and night). I can't wait til' I feel better again so I can see the 'light' again. Right now, this all just sucks. Yesterday was such a lonnng night. And to top it off, I have to somehow make it back to the hospital today to get my shot of Neulasta, but I'm too weak. I have to find the strength somehow...

Bummed.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn,

I just read your new post. Sorry to hear about the not so good news about the next course of meds. Don't let this distract you from your goal. You are no further away from the finish line than before! I can only know how these meds effect you from your posts here. I have faith in you and your ability to endure the next phase of your journey. Keep strong my friend! We are all here for you and Cheering for you from the side lines!!

Big hugs
Glenny

October 27, 2006 1:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry Jenny.

luv ya kid

Ted

October 27, 2006 3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi babes,

I am sorry to hear that the Doc did not give u the whole story. I guess she thought it might be 2 much to swallow - However crazy that may sound now in this “moment”. I truly believe that this is making you stronger, you will get through this. I love you and am praying for you. Close your eyes do you see that spot on the right the little one – yeah that’s right you found it! Well that’s us shining the light for you so you can see through the end of the tunnel. I am sure it must be hard to focus on the light right now & that’s ok – focus on it & in the meantime we will keep shining it until you can see it!!!

Shelly

October 27, 2006 8:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Just read your last post. So sorry to know that and we are all deeply worried but I know with God's grace you will be up and about in no time. Just keep the faith and God bless.

your cousin,
Jun

October 28, 2006 6:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn:

Try and be still and let the power of the higher being deliver you out of this dark moment.
You're only human. Everything about us is finite, we need to look up and draw strength from the one who is THE source of all.

You are in my thoughts and prayers all the time.

Val

October 30, 2006 12:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

I would be bummed too! Sorry about that but I appreciate you writing like this.. We're here for you, to support you, bummed or not.

Row

October 30, 2006 12:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks... I just got your v/m, you sound more weaker than the last chemo session.
Hang in there Jenny, there will always be speed bumps along the way. You've hit them before and overcame them in no time. You can do it again! It's okay to feel bummed, just don't feel bummed for too long, it ain't worth it! :)

Love ya!
XOXO
*

October 30, 2006 3:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

That sucks. I know it will be very difficult for you, but you can do this. I wish I could help ease your burden somehow. If I could take the pain and nausea away so you can concentrate on good thoughts, I would.
I pray that your angels surround you and give you the strength to endure. Please don't lose hope. You can beat this.

Love, Claire

October 31, 2006 9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home