I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Half way done!

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry for keeping you in limbo as to how I've been. I've been busy, but well. I had a great weekend spent with my father, stepmother and sister. It was time well spent and I have new moments to carry with me. :-D I'll tell you more about it later.

I'm leaving for the hospital in about a half hour for my last cycle of FEC 100 (the aggressive chemo). HIP, HIP, HOORAY!! I'm just that much closer to having my life back...I can't wait! After that I start Taxotere, which I'm hoping will be a breeze. My father should be picking me up shortly and I still have to shove something in my stomach before the nausea kicks in.

I will update my blog when I have the strength to...have a great weekend!

Jen

P.S. Oh yeah, October 24th was my 3rd month since quitting smoking and October 25th marks 3 months since surgery.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up Jenny ? Glad to hear you're feeling good and that your spirits are up. Unbelievable ! Go get 'em girl. I wanna see your head !

luv ya kid

Ted

October 26, 2006 10:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn:

Just thinking and praying for you. Be strong. If you've exhausted all your will power and strength, don't forget to look up and beyond the heaven above. It's God's strenth that will get you through this.

Val

October 27, 2006 11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home