I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Picking up the pieces

My spirit may have been slightly damaged during the last chemo session. Boy, what a number it did on me! Yesterday I became very sensitive and withdrawn and I can't get myself out of this funk. I'll pick up the pieces though, I always do. I just need time to centre myself again...I need my precious "me-time".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny:
I'm sorry to hear that. I've seen what this can do to a person's spirit. Don't lose hope. Somewhere inside you, you'll find yourself again. It has never left you.

Keeping you close in my mind and heart.........

Val

November 03, 2006 9:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny ...

Your journey is inspirational and eye-opening. Who knows why God chose you for this path, but he knew that you were someone who could persevere and instill a new awareness in all those you encounter. Be strong and keep being Jenny! I love you.
Mon (& Curtis too)

November 05, 2006 12:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

Don’t beat yourself up for feeling down ……you have shown such strength during all this that a “moment” of clouds is expected! I know you pick up the pieces and we all will be all here handing them you to if you need help. Don’t fight what you are feeling let it come and this too will pass….. As you know it will. I am cheering for you!

Love ya' Shelly M

November 05, 2006 3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home