I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Chemo #4 - Taxotere #1 here I come!

Good morning,

So today is the big day. I'm feeling less anxious than I did yesterday, which is good. I guess because I know that there's no turning back. I took the steroids yesterday and it made me feel a little nauseous, but very tolerable. Today my chemo buddies are my sister-friends, Heidi and Caroline. For those of you that don't know, Heidi is in the gray sweater and Caroline has the black top on. The gentleman with the blue t-shirt is Tyler, Heidi's husband and my sweetheart of a friend, and the guy in the mohawk is my brother, my friend, my nurse, my sanity and the answer to all of Dory's silly questions! OH DORY!

 

I'll try to send an update on me as soon as I possibly can. This chemo cocktail is all new to me and I don't know how severe the pins and needles, aches and pains will be, but hopefully I'll be able to type.

There's definitely rain in the clouds today, but I know the sun is just behind it. I will go in this morning fighting. Thank you Claire for encouraging me. Row, I love Footprints and it was a good reminder for me, especially feeling the way I did yesterday. Ted, you're classic! I love you man! Val, you're a sweetie!

Ok, buh-bye! :S Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get 'em kid !! Luv ya.

Ted

November 16, 2006 8:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...Jen. The song "You'll Never Walk Alone" is dedicated to you. Remember we're always, always here for you. Love you Jen..
Auntie Lenie

November 16, 2006 2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always thinking of you in my thoughts and prayers!
Continue to be strong!
LOVE YOU!
Kristyn

November 16, 2006 4:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

I knew youwould see that light! Good luck today and keep kickin'
Love ya'
Shelly M

November 16, 2006 9:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home