I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

4 Months & Hurtin'

Four months ago today I was diagnosed. My life changed.

This morning, I couldn't lift my head out of bed because my bones are too achy. I feel as if I just had 15 rounds with Mohammed Ali. My tongue has turned from pink to white with sores all along the sides of it. It doesn't hurt much, it's just things are not tasting as they should. My throat is sore and I'm weak. Some of my fingertips are beginning to feel tender. One lady compared the feeling to slamming her fingers through a door. I have to agree.

I'm not doing so well today and I hope this passes soon. All I could think of yesterday was which chemo treatment I would rather have. My answer? FEC100. Why? Because with FEC100 it's nausea for 4-7 days, but I can sleep most of it off. Sleeping is actually all I do. I wake up one afternoon and I'm okay. I can function after, do things, exercise. With this, I have to take steroids that increase my appetite, but with a sore mouth nothing tastes good. I'm bloated, which is a big bummer. I can't sit or lie down without feeling uncomfortable. The pain is constant...even in my sleep!

I have to go...where I don't know, but sitting here hurts. I hope that this goes away soon! I don't even think sushi can cure me right now!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope this feeling doesn't last too long.

Here's a poem that has helped me along the way... you may have heard it before. I hope it helps you too!

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high.
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about.
When he might have won had he stuck it out:
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow –
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out –
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

November 21, 2006 1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN to that Claire!

I haven't seen that poem in years. But if I remember if right, my Mom, first read it to me.
Jen, I have little plaque in my office that says:
DARE TO SOAR "Your Attitude, Almost Always Determines Your Altitude In Life."
You know Jenn, you have a good head on your shoulders and that is already half the battle.

Don't QUIT!

Love: VAL

November 22, 2006 10:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a poem for you Jenny

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
IF THE RAPTORS DON'T WIN A FRIGGIN' GAME I'M GONNA GO CRAZY !!!!

hope that put a smile on your face. they say laughter is the best medicine. Just trying to give you your daily dose. :)

Luv ya kid

Ted

November 22, 2006 11:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

Just saying "hi" today and hang in there. I hope it doesn't hurt so much, but what do I know? It's tough.. I'm thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer.

Row

November 22, 2006 11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I wish I could help you carry the aches and pains you feel.

If ever you want sushi deliver to your place please do not hesitate to give me a call. I am here for you for whatever you need.

Hang in there and do NOT quit!

love,

your chiquita!

November 22, 2006 12:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

I hope you are not hurtin' too much these days. I know i wish I could magically ake this from you and cast it far far away.... I am praying for you.

Love ya.
Shelly M

November 26, 2006 12:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, hope you are feeling better now these days. When this is over, we'll all go for Sushi all the time!

November 26, 2006 10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home