I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thanks!

I just want to say thanks to those people who left me comments. You have NO idea what your words, thoughts, love and humour do to carry me through this.

Tomorrow is cycle #5 of 6. I'm almost there guys, almost! Celia, my "Chiquita Banana", will be my chemo buddy for the day. She's the co-worker, turned sister to me!

Today, I'm just going prepare for the week ahead. I have to pick up my prescriptions at the pharmacy. I have to go back on the steroids starting today. Can I just say again how much I hate these steroids?? ? I'm going to do my laundry because I know I won't be able to next week and just relax...set my mind to the right place for tomorrow.

I'm still smiling....don't you worry about that. I'm just kicking my feet like a child not wanting tomorrow to come. LOL! ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 out of 6 eh? must feel nice knowing you're almost there. Still not a vacation though I bet.

Hang in there. And yeah, it's just hair it'll grow back. (I wish i could say the same).

Miss you Jen.
Ian

December 15, 2006 12:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're almost there Jenn!

Hang in there.

Val

December 15, 2006 11:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoke to you this afternoon after your 5th chemo and you sound great. Well, one more chemo to go and you will be back on top of the world.
Need anything I'm just a phone call away.
Love you.
Dad

December 15, 2006 9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gigi,
You are the best sister that anyone could ask for. I'm lucky and blessed to have a sister like you.
I'm happy to know you just have one more chemo to go. If we didn't see each other this week we will for sure this coming Christmas Eve our traditional get together.
Love you always,
Kristyn

December 16, 2006 6:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home