Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007
2007. Hmm, well January 4th marks my final chemo cycle. Mentally, it's been quite tough the last few days with just things on my mind and some anxieties about recovering and my physical appearance. I hope to start doing some cardio next week to get back in shape because my legs have been aching for weeks now. The water retention, hair loss (eye brows and lashes) and the fact that I'm breaking out pains me to look at myself in the mirror. I joke to my neice that I have the big dipper on my face!
As for the anxieties, well my body's changing and adjusting to the steroids and the new chemo. My body's also dwindling because I'm five cycles in. My periods have finally stopped (I was expecting it to stop last month) and that must have some kind of toll on me as well...temporary menopausal side effects, perhaps? Who knows. Regardless, I'll be okay. I'm tired of reading up on the net about this stuff because after a while it all sounds the same. It's just another uphill climb and I'm used to that. I still have a lot of fight in me, so I'm not worried. It's just a phase and I know I'll get over it, always do! :)
You know, there was a time in August when this blog was not yet created and I had to deal with alot of issues and make alot of decisions. It was a stressful month because I had to face the fact that I had cancer for one. I had to quit smoking, leave work and simply deal with this...fight this head on. I had to make decisions regarding my life and future that I wasn't prepared to like my future unborn children. Yes, unborn children! It was something from left field that I didn't know I had to face. Chemo puts me at risk of early and permanent menopause. I was offered in vitro, which I declined and said to myself, "If it was meant to be, it was meant to be" and left it at that. I couldn't think of kids when I had cancer to deal with. There was some one who told me to take one step at a time and one day at a time, and it was great advice. I've been doing it since. I've been saying, "I'll cross that bridge when it comes" and now with not menstruating I'm crossing that bridge. I'm crossing a bridge that may not be there for me to walk back to. I'm now at risk of permanent menopause and only time will tell if I was destined to have children. I know I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it, you know? I've seen some of my friends kids during Christmas and they are sooo cute. It just makes me wonder if I'll ever have any. Ok, I'll stop now. I'm beginning to get too emotional over this.
I am also beginning to worry about the upcoming radiation and how it will affect my heart, lungs and skin. Can you tell I need some good ol' me time to re-centre myself? lol! So there's a peek into my little head of mine. I know some of you have been waiting for an update and I haven't written because sometimes I feel as though my thoughts weigh too much on the pain and negative side of things, but then a week passes and I say to myself, "well I gotta write something", so I just tell it like it is...good ol' Jenny style...straight up! ;)
I'd like to sincerely and I mean sincerely wish all of you a Happy New Year. Thank you sooooo much for being my crutch during this crazy period in my life. I wish for each of you good health, happiness and love.
I love all of you!
MUAH!
Jen


5 Comments:
Hi Jenny
Happy New Year. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for being a part of our lives and for all of you insights. This new year brings new challenges for you and we pray it also brings new victories.
All the best,
Claire and Fred
January 01, 2007 12:46 PM
Happy New Year Jenny Pearl! LOL
Most often the answers to life's questions lie within ourselves. What's in a name you ask? Well, I think it speaks a lot about the person that carries it. Just look at yours - Jenny 'PEARL.' Ever wonder how pearls are made?
I look forward to the day when all of this makes sense to you and to all of us that support you in this journey.
Val
January 02, 2007 10:22 AM
Hi Jen,
Happy new year :) New year gives us a chance to look back and see how far we've come, how blessed we have been. You've gone a long way. I see the beauty of your journey, of you shining through. You can also write when you're not at your best... that's when we especially want to be there for you.
Row
January 02, 2007 2:54 PM
Hi Babes,
I was reading poetry the other day and after reading this posting I wanted to share this with you:
From the depths of my heart,
Where the eternal flame of Heaven lives,
It brings me the greatest Joy to call forth;
A thousand angels to watch over
Your greatest Dreams & Endeavors,
Infinite blessings to fall in a gentle kiss
Upon the light of your face,
Delicate points of light
To forever illumine your path,
Soft unspoken winds
Of the utmost Ancient Wisdom,
Omnipotent clouds of Grace
For your eternal renewal in Spirit,
The serenity of every sunrise
Since the dawn of creation,
All the fluid glossiness of water,
Strength of mountains,
Swiftness of wind
And clarity of crystal for your right-use-ness,
Trickles and tickles of the greatest Joy
To be poured forth
Into the very core of your being,
And the spaciousness
Of a deeply rooted knowing
That You Are all
That is Beautiful Now,
And all of the Grander yet still growing,
For the laughter, love, and life
I feel in my heart
From what you have taught me,
Simply must be returned to you
A thousand fold
For all eternity!
I love you! You have inspired me so much that words can hardly begin to explain how much I admire, respect, admire and love you. Thank you for sharing your journey with me...us. Even though I am not with you in person I hope you know that I am by your side through it all.
Ok enough of me being sappy - Happy New Year!! I widh you all your hear can hold and so so much more for 2007.
Love Shelly
January 03, 2007 12:18 AM
Goodbye to 2006 indeed!
Lookin' forward to a comeback bigger than George Michael's - Yours!!!!
January 16, 2007 10:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home