I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Radiation Planning

On Wednesday I went to PMH for radiation planning. What I thought would take 1-3 hours, took only 20 - 25 minutes. I had two experienced technicians and two students in the room. They told me to lie on the CT Scanner and they proceeded. I felt like a science project...like some animal being disected! haha! I had all four looking down on me, marking me and applying some sort of tape or wire on me. They left the room and the scan began. It took only a few minutes and they returned and the student tattooed me four times around my breast. This will help the radiation oncologist position the machine when radiation starts on February 5th. The tattoos are nothing like "real" tattoos. It's just a needle that goes in once and then out. Very quick and painless. The marks they left are smaller than a regular mole.

It was an interesting experience. I have now until February 5th to get my blood levels back to normal and to get healthy before my next phase.
:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home