I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Holy, talk about EMOTIONAL!

I wouldn't ever say that this journey has broken me. Sure, I've been beat up physically and at times emotionally, but spiritually I'm stronger than ever. Just the other day I was making a CD for myself and came across this song in my library. Can I just tell you that I almost instantly started to tear up as soon as the song started?? It's always a funny thing for me to see myself cry because I've never been one to cry much. I don't know where the tears came from, but listening to the song just made me realize a bit more that I'm almost done and how far I've come. I know I should be CELEBRATING that the worst of it is over, but for some reason I'm just not there. This song made me realize it, a bit. There's magic in music...our only universal language. For those that know me, I'm a slow jam FREEK! There's just something so soothing to my soul when I can sit and have some one else sing to me what my soul cannot fully express. Anyway, since you're all walking with me on this journey of mine I thought I'd share it with all of you. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/CEdNAGwprW8

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it. Keep fighting!!

Have a great day.

January 18, 2007 9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

Love the song. You have come a long way and we are proud of you!

Keep fighting and keep reminding yourself how far you have come and wil go.

Love ya'
Shelly

January 19, 2007 2:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too true.
ninang you have faught this battle soo well. i know im younger than you but, i am soo proud of you. Now you can take pain well ;) nothing can break you down!

Love,
Jade

January 24, 2007 4:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home