I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Heart Results & A Funky Dream

There has been no change in my heart. My ejection fraction came in at 60% again. I've been referred to a cardiologist to get a third opinion or to perhaps see if there's something I can take that will protect my heart while on Herceptin. On Monday when I start radiation I'll get a second opinion from my radiation oncologist. I'm interested to hear what he has to say since radiation will also be affecting my heart.

Now for the dream! So last night I had this dream. You know one of those dreams where you wake up and it just continues when you fall back asleep? I must have woken up over six times last night because it was really hot in my room. Anyway, I don't remember what I dreamt of, but throughout the night I kept waking up thinking (and maybe even saying) "CARPE DIEM". When I finally got up in the morning, again, I said to myself, "CARPE DIEM". I've always heard this term, but never knew what it meant or how to even spell it. So half awake I walk over to the computer to look it up. I know there are many of you that already know what this means, but for those of you who don't I went to www.answers.com and magically knew how to spell the darn thing and go and see for yourself what I got!

"God works in mysterious ways" and there's nothing more clear than spelling it right out for me! Nothing could be more fitting!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can make it to our superbowl event I'd love to see you.

I thought Carp is a fish ? ;)

Have a good weekend Charlie. Go Raps Go !!

Luv ya kid

Big Daddy

February 02, 2007 8:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know some people who lead their lives based on carpe diem and they are some of the most awesome people i know.

February 02, 2007 3:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

WOW talk about "seizing the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future" If we all could remember to life by those words can you imagine what it would be like!!!

I say grab hold and LIVE LOVE LAUGH!
I love you.
Shelly M

February 02, 2007 10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home