I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, February 23, 2007

My hair is growing!

My hair is slowly beginning to come back. It's patchy, but I'm going to stop shaving it now and just let it grow in. If you only knew how bad I want a hair line! haha!

Today marks my half way point. I'll be 15 treatments in and will have 15 more to go. Last Wednesday marked my 7 month anniversary since being diagnosed. It's funny because I look back and it seems just like yesterday, but at the same time thinking back to the chaos that July and August brought me feels like decades ago. It's very easy for me to block out the pain of chemo and all those decisions I had to make early on.

As I write this post, the sun is rising and shining on my bald head! Today is a good day. Today I choose to be grateful for what I have and not what I don't have. I hope you all do the same.

Have a great weekend everyone! GO RAPS GO!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenny, it's a beautiful day! go girl! this is amazing news.

February 23, 2007 12:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jen!

You're almost there...WOW! you see? with a great attitude such as yours, it was not bad after all...
The second picture looks like a lobby of a hotel, it looks nice. Perhaps I can come with you to your last treatment, let me know.

Talk to you soon,

Love ya!

Chiquita.

February 23, 2007 7:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES !!!! My cousin Jenny is happy, the Raps are winning and I'm almost on my lunch break what more can Big Daddy ask for ?!!?!?

Luv you kid. Hope to see your patchy head soon.

Luv
Ted

February 26, 2007 11:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny!

Truly outstanding news on your progress. Way to go!

But something tells me, things can only get better when you read this:

http://www.pr-inside.com/george-michael-and-andrew-ridgeley-are-r51665.htm

So, keep training, saying your prayers and taking your vitamins.

ps. its not important who I am; just one of many Jenny-maniacs who are supportin' you all the way!

February 27, 2007 8:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Oh HULKSTER'S back !!!! BIG DADDY is watching you.

:)

February 28, 2007 7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT!
LITTLE SAMUELS ARE ON NINANG'S HEAD! AHAHA! YOU GUYS CAN HAVE A RACE, WHOEVER GROWS FASTER, WINS! LOL!
IF YOU EVER FEEL DOWN, DONT FORGET TO LISTEN TO THE SONG I DEDICATED TO YOU!
http://profile.imeem.com/ISliP/music/MM_B49ht/keep_holding_on/


LOVE YOU LOTS!
-JADE<3

March 01, 2007 4:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

I can her the excitement from your words jump of the page!!!!!
I am so proud & happy for you...you're almost there!

Love you and praying for you.
Shelly M

March 01, 2007 8:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you be my "ninang" too?

I'm happy for you Jen! It's very encouraging.. : ) Have a good weekend.

Row

March 02, 2007 1:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JENNY!!!!

Ok stop the presses everyone HULKSTER is back and do you see what was said .................let me paraphrase
"ps. its not important who I am;"

True but inquiring minds would like to know!! LOL

I am so happy to hear that (to use Jade's words - thnks sweetie) LITTLE SAMUELS ARE ON NINANG'S HEAD! I think that is fab.
Well just checking in.

Love you and always praying for you.

Shelly.

March 02, 2007 10:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Jenny! I am so thrilled to hear that you are progressing well into recovery.
Man I owe you LUNCH!!!!! I promise it will happen.

Val

March 04, 2007 2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home