I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Herceptin #2

Today I'm doing double duty at the hospital. I will be at St. Mike's at 10am to get my first heart results since my first dose of Herceptin. If all is well then we'll continue with my second dose today. At 4pm, I'm back at PMH for rads.

The last few days I've been feeling very tired, yesterday especially. I spent nearly the entire day in bed with the exception of peeling myself off it for radiation in the afternoon. The fatigue is progresively getting worse, but I'm trying to manage it the best I can.

I'll be taking new pictures of myself in the next day or two since I HAVE HAIR NOW!!! It may not look like alot, but to me it is! The bald shine is gone and I'm slowly beginning to get the hairline I've been wishing for. Charlie V. is growing hair y'all!!! :P

Yesterday at Princess Margaret I was given my schedule for next week. She walked into the room and said happily, "Next Friday will be your last day with us!!" and a surge of mixed emotions hit. I'm obviously happy for obvious reasons, but a little sad too. These ladies have taken good care of me every day for the last five weeks, going on six. I've bonded with a few of them and will miss them when I'm done. My life has been wrapped around a hospital these last nine months and to think that after next week it will all change is a reality that's hard to believe. There is no gift or gesture good enough to show my gratitude to them. Actually, looking back, there is no gift or gesture good enough to show my gratitude to all of you who have never left me during this and supported me all the way.

I'm almost done and I can't believe it. It's been quite the ride, but ultimately a good one. Sure I've had my rough days..lost my long hair, threw up, bones achin', but I've said it before and I'll say it again, this has been a Blessing in Disguise for me. I am so thankful to have who I have in my life, to have daily readers who religiously check my blog everyday, but choose not to leave comments and the ones that do...you know who you are...I might not know who HULKSTER is, but I think I know everyone else. haha! And I'm thankful for having parents that made sure I had food to eat and friends that support me.

I have a gut feeling that my heart results will be okay. I've been drinking Olive Oil and I know there's a greater power watching over me and protecting my heart while I go through this.

I'll post pictures and let you know how today went sooner than later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

luv ya kid

Ted
aka BIG DADDY

March 08, 2007 1:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Jenny! Luv ya!

March 08, 2007 1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home