I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Detox: Day 1 & 2

The first day was easier than I thought. I went to the Big Carrot and bought organic brown rice and veggies. I also picked up a litre of carrot juice and some take-out from there (paella and brocolli with carrots). I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find food without salt. All I had to eat yesterday was the brocolli with carrots, carrot juice and a medley of berries in the evening. I didn't crave any other food.

Today, I had the paella, more carrot juice and more fruit. I'm still not craving anything, which is great, but I've had a lingering headache all day today. This morning I picked up a juicer from Paul. He's the owner of the Main Squeeze (a juice bar) on Front St. and a really nice guy. He's the one that supplies the algae I've been taking and gave me a great deal on what looks like a serious juicer. It fits whole apples and whole carrots so there's no need to chop them into small pieces. Cleaning is simple also. Anyway, the juicer should help me succeed in this detox.

I slept most of the day because of the headache, but woke up just in time to watch game two of the Raptors. We won and I'm going back to bed. It hurts to keep my eyes open, but it's an indication that the detox is in progress and it's a good pain...like feeling sore after a workout. I NEED to get all this chemo out of my body.

Since I'm on this detox, I've decided to stop taking the Altace (for my heart). The evidence is not strong enough and I figure the amount of fruits and veggies I'm consuming will help my heart just the same. I haven't been back to the gym since I almost fainted. I'm scared to go back, but will try next week sometime. :)

I'm taking my achy head to bed. Good night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's how I'll help you out with your detox. I'll eat everything that you are not supposed to eat that way you can live vicariously through me. I know I know it's a tough job but someone's gotta step up and do it for you. And who better than Big Daddy ? Luv ya kid.

Big Daddy

LET'S GO RAPTORS !!!!

April 25, 2007 2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home