I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I am NOT Vince Carter!!! :P

I have yet another heart test this morning at St. Mike's. This will be my last one until a few months. The cardiologist told me that I don't need these tests every three weeks, but more like every three months and tomorrow, I go in for Herceptin. I've made the decision not to take the pills the cardiologist gave me to protect my heart. When she gave them to me she said, "I wouldn't normally prescribe these, but your oncologist is being cautious and you're being cautious, so I'll be cautious too. There has only been one study that showed that this (blood pressure) pill protected the heart while on Herceptin..." I don't know, that doesn't sound promising to me. I figure if she said my heart is "normal, just weak", then I'd rather exercise than take pills.

Other than that, I still haven't taken the Tamoxifen. I am NOT Vince Carter, I just don't want to turn into a cranky you know what! I like where my head space is at, I don't want this to mess with it. I'm procrastinating, but I know I'll eventually take it.

I also haven't been sleeping well lately and I haven't taken many afternoon naps as of late. I'm tired, beat and pooped physically, but for some reason, I just can't sleep. My body is aching all over, so I haven't tried going back to the gym.

I wonder what my ejection fraction will be tomorrow. If it drops, I just might pop those pills after all! HAHA!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee hee ! Raps BABY !!! Magic number is 6

Have you taken the tamaxobomboclot yet ? DO IT ! y'eer mi !

aight den ... laytah !

Ted

March 29, 2007 8:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home