I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Normal Heart

I had great news from the cardiologist the other day. She told me that I have a normal heart. It's weak, but NORMAL! The ventricular wall thickness, aortic function, valves, vessels and all that jazz are all normal. My right ventricle is pumping at 44% and my left at 52%, which is low, but reversible. I was given the okay to exercise to help strengthen it, so the next day I joined the local rec. centre's gym facilities which is a block away from home. She said I didn't even need a heart monitor, crazy, huh! The gym doesn't have the best facilities, but it's sufficient for what I need right now, which is just cardio. I'm limited to the exercise I can do right now because my skin is still burnt and I can't swing my left arm, but I feel great that I'm able to exercise. After all the weight gain from the steroids, I can finally do something about it! My energy levels are low, but I hope with daily exercise I can eventually kick the fatigue to the curb. Today is the second day I've been to the gym and I feel like passing out right now, but it's all good! ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!!

March 25, 2007 8:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home