Cardiologist
Tomorrow morning I'm back at St. Mike's for my first meeting with the cardiologist there. I'm a little nervous. I hope to hear some good news tomorrow, like a drug to protect my heart while I go through Herceptin, but I'm not flying my plane too high on that. I figure this drug would have been brought up, if it existed, during my second dose of Herceptin, but it wasn't.
Other than that, I'm fighting fatigue and slowly recovering. I tend to feel energetic one minute and then I crash the next. The skin that was affected by radiation is burnt, but healing. I get these random sharp pains in my breast throughout the day, but thankfully it only lasts a few seconds. The skin under my arm broke and that's also healing. My nails are growing back pink, but some of the tips are no longer "glued" to my finger. I know, it's gross, but it sounds worse than what it really is. My hair is growing back and growing back all over. I have bottom eyelashes again and my eyebrows are filling in slowly. Believe it or not, I feel VERY hairy! After being bald for so long, all this hair is quite disturbing. :) I've also been trying to exercise my brain to prepare myself for the "real world" again. I was supposed to test my reaction to the hormonal treatments last week, but didn't. I'm just so tired of dealing with these side effects. I'm going to start tomorrow after my appointment. :S
Mentally, I have good days and bad. Good when I'm alone or with family and bad when I'm exposed to the outside world. When it's bad I feel as if I'm floating or drifting along. There's me and then there's the rest of the world. A world caught up with money, looks, success, materialistic possessions, "the hussle" and what not and me who's just, I don't know...me. I seriously need to figure out my new place in the world and I trust that I'll get there, but it's just like, "WHEN!" I pray that it will be sooner than later.
I'm going to bed now, good night!


4 Comments:
You're place in the world ? Well let me tell you where I think you're place in MY world is .... There is one place in my family specifically reserved for You Jenny. It even has a golden engraved name plaque that reads "Jenny Pearl Uy". No ONE in this whole universe is even allowed to step foot into your place. Even WHEN I die before you your place will always be there reserved for YOU ! It's like getting your number retired, NOONE can ever use that number again. In my world you also hold the titles of Friend, Cousin, Auntie (to my two chirren ... that's right chirren ...Mya and Matthew), Inspiration, Strong One, Fighter, Survivor, Intelligent One, Motivator, Free Spirit, World Traveller, Independant Woman and Role Model .... Do I have to go on ?? You are very important to me and my family and to our whole family. So that's what I see as your place in this crazy world of ours. Luv ya kid.
Ted
Oh Yeah Forgot 1 other title ...............
Film User !!!! LOL !!!
March 22, 2007 8:06 AM
Well said kuya... I totally agree.
Jenny, you are all these things to us and more.
Who needs a world that only values capitalism and all the shallow attributes that come along with it? What you have become, what you have taught us all, and what you mean to us beats anything the rat race can offer anyday.
March 22, 2007 12:35 PM
Hey Jenn: Be comfortable in who you have evolved today. You've always been grounded and so it's not so much finding your place in the world, but the other way around.
Make yourself as the starting point and everything else will fall into place.
Love, Val
March 22, 2007 6:49 PM
Hey Jen.. it was so good to bump into you yesterday. Thanks for this blog - it's from the heart and so honest. There comes a time when we do look for our place in this world, the purpose of our lives. I can only tell that you have touched so many lives with your courage and just speaking from the heart. You DO have a place in each of our hearts, which will not be the same again. It's a very good question with all the answers right at your feet. You're right about this world being so caught up with materials things and self-centeredness. I need to be sensitive about that too and focus on God's purpose for me. Thanks for the reminder. Wow, I've never seen Ted so serious in your blog before. You belong, you're not alone and you are loved and so precious.
Row
March 23, 2007 8:51 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home