I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Officially Discharged

At 9am this morning I went back to Princess Margaret to see my Radiation Oncologist. After examining my skin I had a little chat with him before being officially discharged. He made me aware of some potential side effects that I may experience and what future steps I should take. One of them was exercise. After discussing the complications I'm currently having with my heart, he suggested that I get a heart rate monitor and ask the cardiologist that I'm scheduled to see this Thursday what would be a safe heart rate to take my heart to before I risk heart failure. He assumes some brisk walking would be okay, but running isn't advised.

And that's it. One chapter of this journey ends, just like that...still very sudden, still very much surreal, still bittersweet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Congratulations!

Walking is a great way to get the exercise you need. The Running Room now has a Walking club that you can join. Plus good walking weather is just around the corner.

Happy Trails!!!!!!!

Val

March 19, 2007 12:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I got an idea you can walk your a$$ to the photo store to develop your FILM !!!!! LOL !!! I still can't get over it ... film. Luv ya kid.

Big Daddy

March 20, 2007 7:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear Jen that you're officially discharged! We'll take it from here Princess Margaret ; )

March 20, 2007 9:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jen.

Ian V

March 21, 2007 12:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home