I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Altace

I started taking Altace today, the pill that's meant for hypertension, but has been shown to protect one's heart while on Herceptin. I'm not sure what the side effects to this are, it will definitely lower my blood pressure, so I might feel dizzy or light-headed.

I'm feeling more and more fatigue. If I spend the day being active, I find myself completely wiped out for the next two days. I can't articulate the kind of tiredness this is, but it's painful in a way. I haven't been sleeping well, I'm averaging around five to six hours of sleep and my afternoon naps have become non-existent. The last time I went to the gym was March 23rd and I couldn't bring myself back until today. On Friday, I went out with some co-workers and spent the entire weekend recouping. On a positive note, my hair is still growing fast. I'm certain I have the most softest hair!! It's my new favorite feeling and actually come to think of it, I've never been petted so much in my life. The skin around my breast area is still healing and isn't as burnt as before, but the sharp pains are constant. I get them randomly throughout the day and hope it ends soon.

This Thursday I see a Naturopath. I'm looking forward to seeing her as she will help clean my body from all the toxicity of the treatments.

Good night!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUP ? Raptors Playoffs s'all good baby !!!

Luv ya kid

Ted

April 04, 2007 9:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah.. I know Altace. Somebody was taking this too but can't remember who it was. Let me know when you're here at CI. I hope you're finding strength within and courage to keep going. We're still here for you.

Row

April 04, 2007 9:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be in great hands with Helena, Naturopath! I'll be in her next class for Homeopathy (April 18). Let me know if you want a cream that can help with your skin...I've completed Aromatherapy. Did you get the ok from your Dr. for massages and Reiki?

I'm here for ya cornroll!!!

April 04, 2007 2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home