I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Wellspring and Cottage Dreams

I finally logged onto Wellspring's website. What a wonderful site and organization! They provide reiki, yoga, coping skills, expressive skills, support groups, information and so much more free of charge and without the need of a referral. They don't receive any government funding and solely rely on donations to stay afloat. I read their current newsletter (http://www.wellspring.ca/newsletter/index.html?lid=1) and found it so interesting, especially since chemo brain is a major concern of mine.

There was a link to Cottage Dreams. I read about Seana O'Neill and watched the feature on Global News. This is where people can donate their cottage from Sunday to Friday to cancer patients, survivors and their families to recoup and spend time together. The program is also free of charge and even includes a cleaning team to come in and clean up before the owners return for the weekend. All the patient or patient's family have to be responsible for is the food and transportation. I applied online today and my next step is to get some papers completed by my oncologist.

I know we're living in a time of war and where we can't go a day without hearing about Iraq and the number of casualties there...where teenage kids are being killed by their peers with guns at school. I know it will take time and lots of money to save Africa and the environment. I know we're trying to find a cure. But for now, today, I found a place that's personal to me...that's doing what they can to help us, me, cope. I can't be more thankful to the people who donate, walk, run and volunteer or share, listen and talk to just simply, help. It's such an unselfish act and I want it put it out there that I am very appreciative.

Thank you!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sup ? man when are we going for some salmon belly ? luv ya

big daddy

May 30, 2007 7:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home