I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, July 27, 2007

I DEVELOPED THE FILM! LOL!

Ok, so I actually developed the film a long time ago. I was just too lazy to scan them and too lazy to take a picture of them with my digital camera to post them. I know this LONNGG overdue, but hey, better late than never, right?

Allow me to replay this night...I don't remember which cycle this was. It had to be my second. I was very nauseous and extremely weak. I don't think I'll ever forget how broken I was this day. I had taken a shower and after shampooing my hair, a whole chunk of hairs fell out and nearly covered both my hands. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to rinse my hands off in fear of clogging my tub. I also didn't want to continue showering in fear that ALL my hair would just fall off, so I just broke down right there. I leaned on the shower wall for God knows how long before I worked up the courage to finish up. That night my friend Mare came by with the razor and here are the photos of my head being shaved by my brother.

Please excuse my facial expressions in some of these photos. I was very ill and could barely sit up. Although it looks like the shot was taken during the middle of me blinking, that wasn't the case. I was just sick! Also, the photos aren't the best quality...I simply took a picture of the actual prints, so there's some glare.

My brother had fun and gave me a mohawk before shaving it all off. Here's the mohawk in the making:


 


 


 


TWINS!:

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa




 


 


Can you tell I want to vomit???

 


Struggling to smile:

 
Posted by Picasa


My lifesaver, Mare and I:

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA i love the hair!
you should keep the mohawk ;)
-kristyn

July 27, 2007 1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a fighter ... and you will win this fight! Your courage and positive attitude will ensure this. Unca Bertie

March 12, 2008 10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home