I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Today I had herceptin and I found out that my ejection fraction fell 4% from the last MUGA (heart) test to 60%, which is still normal, but lower. I also started hormonal treatment this week. So far, it's given me mild headaches, fatigue and hot flashes. I also find myself more emotional and bloated than before.

As I write tonight, I'm stuck for words. I'd like to let you in on how I've been doing trying to adjust to this "new normal", but I can't articulate it. Writer's block? Brain block? Who knows, just give me some time and I'll fill you in....it's been quite a journey in itself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home