I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Chemo Brain: Too challenging. :(

Today is the first time since starting chemo that I tried working (from home). I was given a little project that I could have completed in a day prior to treatment. Instead, here I am looking at these papers and I don't have a clue as to where to begin. My brain is blank, empty. It's yet another reality check that I'm not as well as I think I am. It's funny how well I fool myself sometimes. I don't know how to overcome this or if I'll ever overcome it at all. It worries me...what if I don't? What happens then?? What good will I be?

I'm gonna give it another try and keep pushin'.

I'm sad. This SUCKS! :(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen.. I'm here.. just in case you're wondering. It'll come back, don't worry. It's like going back to work from a vacation. I can't even remember my passwords after a few days of vacation!

Row

June 13, 2007 3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home