I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ultrasound results

This afternoon I had my one year follow up appointment with my surgeon. It was nice to see him after almost a year. Anyway, he examined me and told me, "It's hard because scar tissue and cancer feel the same, I'd like for you to go the front desk and request a mammogram. Tell them I said it's a RUSH. I also want you to have an MRI." I was given the mammogram right then and there. He printed my ultrasound results that I had on Monday for me too. I read what I've ultimately dreaded...they found a tiny cyst that measures 4 x 3 x 6mm. It's very small, but the fact that I'm her2-neu positive means that it will grow rapidly or at the very least has the potential to. I don't know what the previous cycles of Herceptin I've had has done for me or it. The report suggests an MRI to rule out local recurrence. It also says that if the MRI turns out negative that a biopsy should be performed considering my age and the aggressive nature of my tumour based on history.

How do I feel? NUMB. Not good, not bad, just NUMB.

I went down to see my oncologist right after the mammogram. I wanted to tell her that she didn't have to send the requistion form for my MRI as the surgeon already did. She saw me and was already aware of ultrasound results. She told me not to worry and that my medical team is doing the best they can to rule out recurrence. I trust her. I'm just waiting anxiously until we know for sure.

SIGH!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babes,

Trust! You are right just trust - trust that the team will do its best for you and trust that God has a predetermined plan for you and if you put all that is yours in his hands all will be as he wishes and ok. I wish I could do something that would take it all away.....
I gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience
in which I must stop and look fear in the face...
I say to myself, I've lived through this
and can take the next thing that comes along...
We must do the things that we think we cannot do.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

I love you
Shelly M

July 19, 2007 10:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home