I am 29 yrs old and five days after my birthday I was diagnosed with Stage 2, grade 3, er+/pr+, HER2 +, breast cancer. I've been in and out of the hospital since and thought I'd document my journey. I've already had surgery and a port-a-cath put in, so my blog starts the day I start treatments. If you're just tuning in, then start from the beginning by clicking on "September" on the right column and scroll down to the bottom.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Things Ahead

Last week I got placed by the ever-so-wonderful Cottage Dreams. The cottage I'm getting will be up in Haliburton and I just ordered a book on Chapters online to take up with me.

I can't describe how excited I am to go. I really, really, really need this. The solitude, the lake at dawn, the sunsets, the much needed me-time to pamper myself and take the last year in, to take off the masks and deal with any unrested issues that may lie within my soul. I can't wait!

The link to the cottage is: www.lakekashcottage.ca

The book I ordered today is a book on dealing with life after cancer/treatments. I was sold when I read "Finishing Treatment: The Very First Weeks" towards the bottom of the page. It was exactly me to a tee! I hope to get some insight and guidance as I try to move forward from all this.

I have treatment again this coming Thursday. I'm hoping I get to see my oncologist because I have a few questions/concerns that I'd like answered. For one, I recently got my periods back. I'm not sure if that's exactly a good thing or not and I've been getting nose bleeds almost every night since and I have no idea whether its just a coincidence since I'm currently suffering from major ragweed attacks or something I should be worried about. hmm...

Other than that, I've been tired, irritated and in need of a serious getaway!! I'm just counting the days down before it's time I get to go to the cottage. On a lighter note, I'm happy that I launched my new photography website a couple of weeks ago. It can be seen at www.zuniphotography.com.

I'll be in touch and sorry if this post is a little choppy, it's 2:50am and I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home